Tropical Rain forests today are quickly diminishing due to many factors.
- Farmers, especially in South America, use rain forest lands for farming
- Cattle ranching is the most impacting factor in deforestation- 65-80%
- The rain forest used to cover over 14% of all land and now it only covers 6%
- 137 plant and animal species have been directly affected by deforestation
- It is predicted that 6.57 billion cubic feet of rain forest will be cut down in the future
- Action groups such as The Tropical Rainforest Preserve and the Rainforest Action Network have contributed to raising awareness